Understanding road materials is fundamental to develop cost effective, sustainable roading networks
Our team uses a wide range of advanced techniques to improve the engineering performance and durability of existing roading and pavement materials, as well as developing new and modified materials.
Opus Research is also developing sustainable solutions based on renewable biomass raw materials, recycling and extreme long-life pavements.
Our research and service areas include:
- Pavements and aggregates
- Pavement design
- 3D Finite Element Analysis
- Repeated load triaxial testing of aggregates
- Subgrade testing and analysis
- Unsealed roads
- Bitumen chemistry and rheology
- Chip seal and asphalt surfaces
- Biomaterials in roading
- Bitumen emulsions
- Recycling of roading materials
- Environmental effects