Murray is a versatile and experienced scientist with a doctorate in physics.
During 16 years at Opus, Murray has worked on a variety of projects including:
• rheology of bitumen
• compliance appraisal of fire alarm systems
• functionality testing of portable traffic signals
• overhauling and calibrating British Pendulum Testers
• logistical and technical support for Ministry of Transport alcohol and speed survey
• development and refinement of thermal resistivity test procedures
• peer reviewing geomechanical laboratory test reports
• wind tunnel testing of pedestrian wind speeds for proposed new CBD buildings.
Murray is also responsible for routine computer support for Opus Research’s LAN, and writing certain specialist software. He is the only person in New Zealand who is IANZ accredited to appraise fire alarm systems to NZS 4512 and AS/ISO 7240.